Thursday, September 1, 2011

Body Parts Photo Shoot


A few weeks ago we were on the precipice of an Aurora breakdown as we waited for our turn on a choo-choo train that seemed as though it would never come.  The sun was hot, the humidity was high, and emotions were tightly strung.

Luckily, I remembered that I had a camera in my pocket, and we invented the Body Parts Photo Shoot game. 

The rules are simple.  I suggest she point to a body part: “Aurora, point to your eyebrow.”  I snap a photograph as she identifies the designated body part.  I play back the picture so that she can see it.  Often she re-identifies the body part: “Aurora’s eyebrow.”

Since I most always have a camera or at least my cell phone on me, in the weeks since we created this activity the waiting game is now a fun one to play!


Aurora’s nose

Aurora’s tummy

 Aurora’s tongue

Aurora’s hand

Aurora’s elbow

Aurora’s eyebrow

Aurora’s chin